encased to be in a case like a laptop case
msn a program like QQ
sublime very grand or great
isolated on your own with no one to help
executive business, black is a business colour
Oh you are a little box of letters
Encased you are executively black
You have many letters, dots and dashes
No lit’rary necessity you lack.
You’re my source of knowledge, information
On you I talk to children and to friends
I msn, I google, and I chatter
With you I can the rules of grammar bend.
But sometimes you’re an enemy sublime
When sites are down or my connections lost
My tears of anger readily they flow
‘Tis then I know that you are really boss.
Without you tho’ I would be isolated
You are my friend, my buddie and my mate.
Questions for review.
1. What is the poem actually saying?
2. Is the writer of this poem happy with her computer?
3. What does she use her computer for?
5. Talk about sonnets, what are they?
6. What does it mean, the rules of grammar bend?
7. Why does the writer sometimes get angry?
8. Why is the term ‘little box of letters’ used?
9. Can you find some other sonnets on the internet?